Vocational Education Training
Vocational Education & Training (VET) can provide you with skills and knowledge that will improve your job prospects and prepare you for entry to the world of work and employment. Wyndham College is part of a Registered Training Organisation. This means:
- the training you receive must meet national industry standards; and
- the awards and qualifications you receive must be recognised nationally by employers and other training organisations.
- Supporting Student Learning
Wyndham College supports your learning through:
- developing links with industry to provide you with the opportunity to develop skills in a real industry setting
- providing a safe and healthy learning environment - both within the school and in work placement
- counselling and careers advisory services
- specialist staff to assist with literacy, language and numeracy skills
- specialist support staff, facilities and learning materials for students with disabilities
- specialist support staff for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and students from language backgrounds other than English.
If you need additional support to successfully complete your vocational training course, please talk to the VET Head Teacher.
Teachers are well qualified and very experienced. Teachers of vocational training courses have undergone additional training and assessment to ensure they meet national industry standards. We are committed to:
- providing facilities within our schools and through our links with industry to ensure that our training provision meets industry standards and needs
- valuing the views of employers and students on the quality of our training provision
- providing students with timely advice and support for their learning.