- All students of Wyndham College are expected to wear full school uniform
- All students of Wyndham College have read and signed the College Code of Conduct which endorses the wearing of full school uniform
- DEC Friends of Wyndham College and the SRC support the Wyndham College uniform policy which was collaboratively developed by parents, staff and students originally in 1998
- Students who are experiencing financial difficulties are encouraged to access the Student Assistance Scheme funding
- Every staff member has a responsibility to maintain the College’s uniform policy
Policy – Process of updating the uniform. Request from Friends of Wyndham
Students should wear
- Black leather closed in shoes
- (Girls) White collared blouse with school skirt or grey slacks (not jeans)
- (Boys) White collared shirt or polo with grey trousers or shorts (not jeans)
- White socks (unless under long pants)
- Minimal safe jewellery
- School jacket / jumper/varsity jacket
- Only plain white undershirts to be worn
Note Caps, beanies etc should not be worn inside buildings. Uniform Committee to investigate emblem embroidered shirt.
- All classroom teachers to be vigilant in ensuring that students are wearing correct uniform in all classes.
- Teachers to complete Uniform Check forms when appropriate.
- During Admin teachers should check the uniform of all students in their group
- Teachers should place an X on the U box underneath the name of any student who is not in full uniform
- If a student has a note from a parent explaining why the student is not in uniform, then the Admin teacher should complete a uniform default notice (in rolls). The admin teacher should ensure that the default notice has a starting and finishing date. The student must keep the note and produce it when requested by any staff member
- When the rolls are returned to the office, the name of the uniform defaulter will be entered on the Academy system
- When the student gains 3 uniform defaults the office will send out a letter to the parents outlining the school uniform policy and encouraging the parents to support this policy
Stage 2 - Head Teacher Intervention
- On a weekly basis the office will print out a list of uniform defaulters give it to the Head Teacher supervising uniform
- On Monday at executive meetings Head Teachers will be given a list of uniform defaulters for their allocated roll groups. Head Teachers will visit these students on a weekly basis and determine why these students are not able to comply with the school uniform policy.
Head Teachers should endeavour to persuade students to wear full uniform. Parent contact should be made. Sanctions / Punishments may be applied.
As a final resort non compliant students should be referred to the DP responsible for each year.
Stage 3 - Deputy Principal Intervention
Upon referral the DP will interview student and ascertain why the student remains out of uniform despite repeated requests and offers of help to comply with the uniform code. The procedure may be followed by
- Parent interview
- A further offer of SAS support
- Detentions etc
The DP will determine the consequences for persistent failure to wear full school uniform and may refer the student to the Principal
Note: Appropriate sanctions may be imposed upon the student at any stage.
Examples of sanctions
- Student to be placed on a list of students who will not be permitted to engage in extra-curricular school activities eg excursions/sporting representation (DP/HT)
- Student may not be invited to attend graduation or formal (Principal/DP)
- A school reference may not be provided (Principal/DP)
- After school detention
- School Service (All staff)
Uniform Price List
The following items of clothing are available for purchase from the uniform shop. Prices are based on 2013 / 2014 prices and are subject to change.
- TROUSERS $40.00 Girls Hipster style Trousers Grey
- SKIRT $50.00 School Grey Tartan
- POLO $20.00 with school emblem
- SHIRT $27.00 with school emblem.
- TROUSERS $35.00 Zip Style– School Grey
- SHIRT $27.00 White Business shirt Short Sleeve (School Name)
- POLO $20.00 White Polo with school emblem
- SHORTS $30.00 Zip Style– School Grey
- TIE $20.00 Optional
- PULLOVER Knitted Junior Navy V-Neck with College crest.
- $70.00 Sizes 8 - 16
- $80.00 Sizes 18 - 30
- JACKET $50.00 Navy and White Microfibre Jacket with School emblem.
Prices may change without notice
Eftpos available $3 fee
CHEQUES MADE PAYABLE TO WYNDHAM COLLEGE P & C
right click to download the Uniform Policy as a or Word document