MORE THAN JUST AN EDUCATION
Our school seeks to provide quality education that prepares young people to take their place in a rapidly changing society – hence our motto: “Working Together to Widen Horizons”
- Learning and Teaching Principles.
- Students and teachers at Wyndham College share an enjoyable and productive learning and working environment in a climate of mutual respect and understanding.
Students at Wyndham College:
- Take responsibility for their own learning and contribute to the learning of others
- Are happy and motivated
- Are inquiring, organised, cooperative and enthusiastic
- Understand how they learn
- Employ problem solving and critical thinking skills, are collaborative and technologically competent
- Are unafraid to seek assistance, are able to deal with setbacks and learn from their mistakes
- Have effective communication skills
- Test the limits of their ability and achieve their potential.
Teachers at Wyndham College:
- Create a learning environment which is safe, enjoyable, non-threatening, stimulating and motivating
- Are enthusiastic about student learning and welfare
- Aspire to best practice
- Teach to individual learning needs and learning styles
- Have high expectations of their students
- Reflect on their practice and seek ongoing professional growth
- Assist students to identify goals, develop organisation and maintain motivation.
- Deal with the action, not the person
- People are more important than things
- The good of the group is more important than the good of one or a few
- Practice respect and tolerance for others and have a sense of social responsibility.